It is the desire of Pregnancy Counseling Center that every woman experiencing a pregnancy will know that she is cared for, and has choices and options. Furthermore, it is our goal that no one will be pressured into a decision that will bring lifelong heartache. Our primary goal then, is to find methods to communicate with the community about who we are and what we do, so that clients can find us when they need us.
The secondary goals and needs of our Center fall into several main categories. Since we are funded almost exclusively by the gifts and donations of local businesses and individuals, we are always in need of funds and service donations. We are always delighted to answer the phone calls asking us “What can I do to help PCC?” Here are a few of needs we currently have:
- Increase the number of peer counselors available so appointments can be set within 48 hours.
- Increase the number of “hotline” counselors available who can answer calls from their own home.
- Increase the number of bilingual counselors to better meet the needs of Hispanic women.
- Have an on-campus presence at all college and business schools in Sonoma County.
PUBLIC RELATIONS GOALS
- Theatre advertising campaign that will run several months each year.
- Billboard advertising space needed throughout Santa Rosa.
- Be chosen as the recipient for Service Club fundraising
- Pro-bono graphic design services needed for interior bus advertisements.
- Increase current monthly donations by $2,000 per month.
- Establish a ‘Matching Funds’ package to present to employers
- Develop regular “Gifts In Kind” donations that can be used for fundraising events.